Recommended Reading for Kids
First Nations Communities Read
First Nation Communities Read is an annual reading program launched in 2003 by the First Nations public library community in Ontario. First Nation Communities Read selected and other recommended titles:
- encourage family literacy, intergenerational storytelling, and intergenerational information sharing;
- are written and/or illustrated by, or otherwise involve the participation of a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit creator;
- contain First Nation, Métis, or Inuit content produced with the support of First Nation, Métis, or Inuit advisers/consultants or First Nation, Métis, or Inuit endorsement.
- Common Sense Media 50 Books to Read before You are 12
- Horn Book Fanfare 2019 Booklist
- Horn Book Fanfare 2019 Extras
- Canadian Children’s Book Centre – a wealth of information including comprehensive lists of recommended book titles for kids.