Joining TACY gives you a voice in what happens at the library. We are a fun, open, awesome group of teens that is always welcoming new members!
As part of the group, you will:
- suggest materials for the library to purchase;
- help promote and run teen programs;
- get creative about what you’d like teen services at the library to look like;
- meet other teens in the community;
- earn volunteer hours;
- give your resume a boost of community engagement.
We also do fun things like movie and game nights, Star Wars extravaganza and more!
Meetings are once a month (usually Thursday after school) and there is no need to register – you can just show up! Check out the events page on our website for the next meeting date.
Lead to Read
Teens can earn volunteer hours in this six week program. Teens and children are paired up for one-on-one reading in a safe, fun and friendly environment.
The goals of this program are to provide children with extra reading practice and to provide teens with leadership skills and an opportunity to engage with their community.
What qualifications do I need to Lead?
- In grades 9 through 12
- Patience and enthusiasm
- Strong English-language skills and an ability to communicate well
- A willingness to work and cooperate with fellow teens and coordinators
- Must be available for all six sessions of the program
Will I be trained as a Leader?
Yes! Training will be provided. And ongoing training will be provided at each session as needed.
Join us for this exciting new program at the library!
Tuesdays Oct 3-Nov 14 4:15-5:15
We provide the Lego, and you provide the creativity, engineering and fun! Come build and create awesome Lego structures, which you may display in the library. We can also photograph your creation to display on our in house TV and social media!
Every other Saturday starting Oct 14
From 2-4 pm
Call the library to register 604.885.3260 or Check out our website for more information