SPL For Kids!
Join Sophie, our Youth Services Librarian, for Saturday Storytime!, Toddler Tuesdays, Pajama Storytime and Babytime! Also watch for the Halloween Booktacular! and join in the Lead to Read and Paws to Read programs.
Winter/Spring 2018 – All Ages Maker Space
- Family StoryTime! Children of all ages are welcome to join Sophie as she shares stories, songs, rhymes and fingerplays. Our goal is for everyone to have fun while nurturing your child’s love of books and the library. A wonderful way for a family to spend time together most Saturday mornings from 10:30 – 11:00am! Drop in or call the library to register.
- Toddler Tuesdays Join Sophie as she opens up the Meeting Room for Toddler play! Includes stories, rhymes, songs, & fun! For parents and caregivers with toddlers ages 18 months to 3 years. Oct 10- Nov 28 2017 10:30-11:30 Drop in or call the library to register.
- Babytime! – Join us with your baby for stories, songs, and rhymes. This program helps with early speech and language development. For children up to 18 months. Oct 12, 26 Nov 9, 23 2017 11:30 am -12 pm Drop in or call the library to register.
- Pajama Storytime – You are welcome to wear your pajamas and bring a stuffie for this fun family storytime. For ages 2.5 to 5 years. Drop in or call the library to register.
- Halloween Booktacular – Dress up as your favourite book character, enjoy stories, a themed craft, and a snack. For children 6 and under. Drop in or call the library to register.
- All Ages Maker Space
Saturdays – Feb 3rd, March 3rd, April 14th, May 5th 1-4pm in the Community Room. Program robots, design and build projects, complete arts and crafts projects and more at this drop-in program. For adults and families. Drop in or call the library to register.
Sophie is also our amazing Roving Children’s Librarian!
- StoryTime with Sophie is a fun way to get your child interested in reading and visiting the library. Sophie visits various local preschools and childcare centers with an entertaining and educational program of stories, songs and finger plays designed to develop early literacy skills.
- Preschool kits are plastic totes filled with fun and educational toys, games, puzzles, books, CDs, videos, and more.
- Aimed at babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, these kits encourage pre-reading and early literacy skills that help prepare children for learning how to read.
- Kits are built around themes such as “Firetrucks”, “Nursery Rhymes”, “Polar Bears”, “Shapes” and much more! See our full list of preschool kits
TumbleBooks is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.