Computer & Internet Use
Computers for Public Use
The Sechelt Public Library has eight computers available for public use, one with a flatbed scanner, Adobe Photoshop Elements, and OCR software that can be booked for two hour sessions after an initial orientation session.
Those with Sechelt Library cards can log themselves in using the member number on their card. Those without a library membership may ask for a guest pass at the Circulation Desk. All computer users are entitled to one hour of free computer time. Time extensions may be granted if others are not waiting. Free WiFi is also available during library open hours.
The library also has laptops that can be used in the library for three-hour sessions. If you need one for longer, please speak to someone at the Circulation Desk to arrange for a longer loan period.
Internet Use Policy
Please note the following library internet use policies:
- The Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. The Internet may contain inaccurate material or material of a controversial nature.
- The Library does not censor access to material nor protect users from inaccurate or offensive information.
- Parents must assume responsibility for their children’s use of the Internet.
- 20¢ per single sided page
- 40¢ double sided page
- 50¢ single sided colour page
- 60¢ 11″ x 17″ colour page
We have a scanner and patrons may borrow a thumb drive if required. The scanner will also scan directly to an email address.
For those requiring technical assistance, staff will help as time permits but are not able to provide comprehensive instruction. Please contact the library for more information.
COVID 19 Precautions
At this time we ask that patrons wear a mask in the library and sanitize their hands.