SPL For Kids!
Please note: Sophie will be away for the month of May…see you back for Saturday Storytimes in June!
Join Sophie, our Children’s Librarian, for Saturday Storytime! and Babytime!
- Saturday Storytime! Children of all ages are welcome to join Sophie as she shares stories, songs, rhymes and fingerplays. Our goal is for everyone to have fun while nurturing your child’s love of books and the library. A wonderful way for a family to spend time together most Saturday mornings from 10:30 – 11:00am!
- Wednesday Babytime! Rhymes, songs, bounces, finger plays and stories for parents and caregivers with their babies. Recommended for newborns to approximately 18 months. Wednesdays 11 am on Oct 12; Nov 9; Dec 14; Jan 11; Feb 8; Mar 8; Apr 12. Come join the fun
Sophie is also our amazing Roving Children’s Librarian!
- Story Time with Sophie is a fun way to get your child interested in reading and visiting the library. Sophie visits various local preschools and childcare centers with an entertaining and educational program of stories, songs and finger plays designed to develop early literacy skills.
- Preschool kits are plastic totes filled with fun and educational toys, games, puzzles, books, CDs, videos, and more.
- Aimed at babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, these kits encourage pre-reading and early literacy skills that help prepare children for learning how to read.
- Kits are built around themes such as “Firetrucks”, “Nursery Rhymes”, “Polar Bears”, “Shapes” and much more! See our full list of preschool kits
TumbleBooks is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.